who we are
A safe and secure African continent
To build safer, confident and empowered communities through education, skills development and reintegration
- To develop the capacity and skills of the members of the socially and economically disadvantaged community of South Africa.
- To enable every member of society to fully participate and appreciate their role in crime prevention.
- To assist with research, training, advice and consultancy for the benefit of African communities.
- To promote mediation and conciliation between victims of crime and offenders.
- To promote, for the benefit of the public, the efficiency of the criminal justice system in South Africa and beyond, active citizenship and greater public participation in the prevention and solution to crime.
- To promote for the benefit of the public in South Africa, partnerships that help realise the protection of people and property and the prevention of criminal acts.
- To promote for the benefit of the public the prevention of re-offending by supporting reintegration and resettlement of offenders and ex-prisoners into the community.
- We acknowledge and honour the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals.
- We act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth.
- We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages and experiences.
- We are committed to effective partnerships and we seek opportunities to form alliances with local community and voluntary organisations.
2INVOLVE was initially founded in 2015 by a United Kingdom citizen living in South Africa and a South African citizen living and working in the United Kingdom. Both individuals had a strong and recognised background in the criminal justice system, both in England and South Africa. 2INVOLVE was therefore initially formed to advise and assist in the transformation of the criminal justice system, both in South Africa and beyond, with a view to improving community safety and reducing crime. However, with the introduction of new members 2INVOLVE developed a complimentary perspective to help facilitate the development of improved services to our communities. Recognising that these will not materialise in the short term, 2INVOLVE encourage the youth and indeed others to help the betterment of their communities by using innovative means to develop enterprises, no matter how small, that deliver community services. 2INVOLVE will facilitate this process by providing skills development opportunities specifically designed for those wishing to launch small enterprises in the community.
So, 2INVOLVE began to consider the various aproaches required to help mobilise these communities, in an effort to build awareness of their rights, responsibilities and opportunities. In particular 2INVOLVE agreed to focus effots on community involvement whereby opportunities for dialogue, involvement and decision-making is facilitated between statutory service providers and the community thereby assisting communities to better understand the role of these service providers and how they can work together with service providers to help shape improved delivery of services to the communities.
2INVOLVE is of the view that real community engagement and involvement will not take place unless communities feel sufficiently confident and empowered to engage with service providers therefore we will design and deliver programmes that assist in improving advocacy, community safety and social entrepreneurship. While we recognise that encouraging and developing social entrepreneurship is not a usual focus for non-profit organisations, 2INVOLVE sees a clear need for a range of improved services to our communities and recognises that these will not materialise in the short term. Therefore we encourage the youth and indeed others to help the betterment of their communities by using innovative means to develop enterprises that deliver services, no matter how small, in their communities. 2INVOLVE will provide skills development opportunities specifically designed for those wishing to launch small enterprises in the community.